Class 11 Political Science Notes Chapter 3 Equality
- Equality refers that all human beings are equal in all aspects because they are equal by birth as a human being. And everybody should be equally educated, wealthy, and equal status in the society.
- But this is a negative aspect of equality because every person cannot be equal in all the spheres as human beings are created even equal by God.
- The human beings differ from each other in intelligence, height and physique also.
- Positive aspects of equality refers to give adequate opportunities to develop one’s own potentialities and to abolish special privileges to be given to some sections of society.
- Equality can be classified as natural, social, civil, economic and political.
- Article 14 of the constitution of India guarantees equality to all the citizens before law and equal protection within India.
- Freedom and equality are closely interrelated with each other and work as a basis of democratic set up.
- Equality refers to be eligible to enjoy various opportunities provided by the state.
- Some inequalities existing in country are:
- Disparity of income
- Gender inequality is society
- Existing slums
- Inequality among educational institutions.